Tuesday, April 27, 2010

this is sharks territory

This time of year... I wear teal every game day, I try my hardest to get tickets, I scream at the T.V. until my voice is gone, I twirl small towels over my head, I pray to the hockey God's that our team will be victorious, I even seriously consider wearing a fake beard on my face...

IT'S SHARKS PLAYOFF SEASON!!!!


The other day I come into work, and this is sitting on my desk! A signed mini poster of Dany Heatly. My friend Boot at work is friends with Dany's Dad, and put in a special request for me. I thought that was so thoughtful of him.

I guess I have gotten caught up in the playoffs more than usual this year, because I completely forgotten to update my blog for the past two weeks. It took my mom reminding me to finally get off the Sharks website and post a new blog.

Over the last two weeks Daniel and I have been to just about every sports bar in this area. I love watching it when the whole place lights up when they score, followed by high-fives all around! It is now the end of the first round, we won of course! Now we are on the the second round. My Dad and I just got tickets to the first game. I love going and spending that quality time with my Dad. We always go really early to Henry's High Life for a drink, then walk over to the game. Don't forget to look for us on T.V. on the night of the first game!

The countdown until our Caribbean cruise is in the 30's now! Only 31 more days... That means only 31 days left until my last day at the office. I am a little nervous about the upcoming changes, but a Caribbean cruise will be the perfect way to leave my worries behind. It's so exciting being this close to the next chapter in my life and an opportunity to live away from home for the first time. We just booked our first excursion for the cruise, we will be riding ATV's in Cozumel! So far I believe there are 18 people from Daniel's family going on this cruise. I can't wait to meet his extended family. My Dad will also be on the cruise, adding the the conga line of Wagners!

I hope you are having a joyful week, more updates soon. No more of this no blogging for 2 week business :)

GO SHARKS!!
Elise Diane

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, GO SHARKS! Hope they do well in the finals!
    How exciting for you, lots of exciting things coming up in the near future.

    ReplyDelete