Monday, April 12, 2010

tailgating

"sunny sundays"

It always amazes me when Daniel catches me off guard...it's a very hard thing to do. I am one of those people that can usually guess every Christmas and Birthday present. Good luck ever trying to throw me a surprise party, because I will probably get it out of you before I'm surprised. Every once in awhile though, my boyfriend Daniel will come up with some fabulous idea, and completely surprise me. This time it was taking me on a wonderful sunny picnic in vasona park!

He had the day planned out starting with picking up sandwiches at our favorite sandwich shop, Mr. Pickles! It's a tiny little place right there on Santa Cruz street. They are usually playing some kind of reggae, island music, and making unique, perfectly tasting yummyness. We got "shark bite" sandwiches on dutch crunch. If you have never been to Mr. Pickles in Los Gatos...It is a MUST for this summer.

We then headed off to vasona park, where we drove around the lake until we found a perfect spot. Pulling down the tailgate for the first time to have a picnic was such a treat for Daniel & I in his brand new Chevy Silverado. Just talking and letting our bare feet swing freely off of the tailgate was so nice and relaxing. I love just spending quality time with him, talking about anything & everything. It's days like this that I appreciate the little things in life. I am so thankful to have such a thoughtful, loving boyfriend.


Well, it's about time to do my favorite thing in the world...go get frozen yogurt, and make some cards! I have an idea in my mind for a cute one. I secretly think It's Daniel's favorite thing ever when I want to make cards/scrapbook, because I get in my focused zone and don't talk until its done...and he plays video games, usually NHL '10... ;)
Some last minute kind of exciting news, we were able to upgrade our room on the cruise we are going on at the end of May, for $100 more, we now have a BALCONY! woohoo. I was a little worried about being claustrophobic in an interior room with no windows. Daniel's family is trying to think of a good phrase to put on the matching shirts we are going to have made. They are for everyone in the Wagner group going on the cruise, about 16 people total! (cute right?!) so far the winning contending phrase is "California Dreamin'" since our cruise ship is named the Carnival Dream. Any ideas?
Have a beautiful night friends.
Elise Diane

1 comment:

  1. What a nice surprise to go on a picnic! Looks like a beautifully sunny day.
    California Dreamin is perfect. You'll have to get a pic of all of you in your shirts.

    ReplyDelete