Sunday, April 4, 2010

chocolate easter eggs

Happy Easter friends!

Today Daniel and I spent time with both of our families. It was so nice to just spend a day chatting and breaking bread with everyone. We started the day off with an EASTER EGG HUNT in Daniel's house! No one is too old for chocolate Easter eggs. I've probably had about 5 already today.





Then we headed off too Mimi's cafe with my Dad, Grandpa, Aunt and Uncle Stibbe. I just love that place! It's decorated so cute and country-ish! Not to mention those yummy muffins they serve.

Our next stop was to Daniel's Aunt Mickey's house. It was a rainy drive, and we saw lots of accidents along the way... The rain also reminded me of all the girls who bought fun Easter dresses for today, that will probably have to be saved for a nicer, brighter day :) It was a lovely afternoon drinking champagne and sharing dinner and stories. Although the day was rainy and cloudy, I am so excited for spring! As the saying goes, April showers bring May flowers... and I can't wait!


Above all, I hope we all took some time to remember why Easter is celebrated. Remembering the resurrection of Jesus Christ...

1 Peter 1:3
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead..."

Happy Easter to you & your wonderful families!

Elise Diane

1 comment: