Thursday, April 8, 2010

BFF's, frilly dresses & pink lemonade


"E&E"

Liz and I have been best friends for about 6 years now. It has been such an adventure, going through high school, first dates, proms, boyfriends, many Starbucks stops, road trips, college, jobs, 21st birthdays, clothes swapping...and our most recent adventure, moving out together!

We met up with our lovely friend Ashley Maxwell to do a totally girly, frilly, sparkly, BFF photo shoot. Liz and I met her about a year ago through mutual friends and got along instantly. We were so excited to do a fun photo shoot with her after she did such an awesome photo shoot with me last summer. We spent the day in Morgan Hill at property with horses, old trucks, tall grass, rusty tractors and one curious ranch dog that wanted to be part of all the action. Not the best day for a person with allergies like mine, but in between sneezes, Ash managed to snap some great photos. It was so nice catching up with Ash and telling her all about our future plans, and hearing about her busy bee life, hubby and wonderful kiddos! Do you know that feeling when you meet someone that just is so positive, loving, and inspires you to be a better person? That is Ashley in a nutshell. A mom, wife, friend, creative photographer and lover of Jesus. What a breath of fresh air.

I knew Liz and I were truly meant to be BFF's from the very beginning. I now know the meaning of "borrowing" clothes, we don't borrow, we have one extended wardrobe. When she comes over to my house and starts cracking up because she just tried on the exact same dress I bought from Forever 21. When I look out into my driveway, and see our matching white and black Jettas parked next to each other, with a Juicy necklace of some kind hanging from the rear view mirror... And of course, when I get those calls on a Tuesday night after work, "Margs & Guaq?" These are the things that make us BFF's. Just laughing and cracking up all through our photo shoot about the horse with curly hair, we couldn't decide what to call it, I think it's name ended up being something like "cow-buffalo-dog-horse" These pictures are a snapshot of the friendship of me and Liz. Here is to all of the memories to come!




If you get a chance to check out her website & blog, they are the most beautiful wedding/people/couples pictures I have ever seen. Her website is:
http://www.ashleymaxwellphoto.com/index2.php
This is her blog, featuring the most recent post of me and Liz's BFF photo shoot:
http://ashleymaxwellphoto.com/blog/

We love you sweet Ash Max. We are so excited to decorate our new apartment with all of our new pictures!
Girls just want to have fun
Elise Diane

2 comments:

  1. Elise:
    You are so lucky to have found a soulmate like Liz, few people have a friend that close. It will be interesting to follow your future adventures - I can hardly wait.
    Boppa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post. I forgot about your allergies and all the grass, you and Liz both look gorgeous. The pics are amazing. Bravo Ashley!

    ReplyDelete