Wednesday, May 5, 2010

bright pink suitcases

Aloha!

My new bright hot pink Diane Von Furstenburg luggage arrived! The days are flying by and all I can think about is...do I have everything? Bathing suit, suntan lotion, sunglasses, sundress, sandals....chocolate... and I think I am ready to MOVE TO HAWAII!!

Most of you already know about the plans to move, but for those who don't, here's the scoop. My BFF Liz decided to transfer from her work at Lululemon in Santana Row to the store in Waikiki, Oahu. Of course I was excited for her, but sad at the same time when I heard this news. A friend living in Hawaii isn't the worst case scenario, but when it is your best friend, that you do everything with, it is a huge deal. I immediately started crying at work, and wondered how I would survive without her. I started thinking about it...and realized that when in my life am I going to get an opportunity to move away into an apartment with my Best Friend, and HAWAII of all places! I discussed it with family and friends, and the response I got was almost unanimous...and sounded something along the lines of "You're young! Do it!" Now here I am, moving to Hawaii in June.

This week I found out that my close friend and Co-worker Holly is leaving the office too. On top of our daily girl chit-chats, there is such much more to talk about with our new exciting plans. She is going to be moving to Lake Tahoe, which happens to be where my Mom lives. I know I will still get to see her often. She promised to come visit me in Hawaii, it wasn't too hard to talk her into coming!

2010 brings so many new experiences and adventures. Liz and I are bursting with excitement. New jobs, new scenery, and a new home. Daniel is already planning a visit to come see me! He is the most supportive and loving person I have ever met. Long distance is going to be a challenge at first, but we know we will be together regardless. He knows exactly how to calm my fears of going....and is already expecting to get 5 calls a day when I move. "babe, how do I start the washer?"...."babe, I have no food!"...."babe, how do I put gas in my moped?"....

On the carnival website it says only 23 days until we cruise! My last day of work is May 28th, and we fly out on a red eye flight that night Caribbean bound. The whirlwind of events is about to start. I couldn't be more excited for this next chapter in my life with so many supportive family members and friends.

Bon Voyage!
Elise Diane

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! What an adventure you'll have.

    ReplyDelete