Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Peas in a pod

Daniel's off at a hockey game, that means blogging time!

It's been awhile since I've blogged...I started to feel the "blog guilt," you know the feeling...when you are looking at pictures you have taken recently... and know you should post them for those daily blog checkers that MIGHT stumble upon your scarce and barren blog.

This past weekend my Mom, Jon, Hannah and Bella came down for a visit! It was a bittersweet weekend with them, knowing this will be the last time I see my Mom and family for awhile. The move is approaching fast, and I won't be able to squeeze in a Tahoe trip before I go. Saturday night, Daniel and I met them at Jon's Dad's house before we left. Tony, Jon's Dad passed away recently, so it's always a little sad being in the house. One thing I will always remember about Tony is his love for healthy food. He even had a nice array or trees and plants in his backyard that were now becoming ready for eating. My Mom and I strolled around the backyard for a moment and came across these yummy snap peas before we all left on our way to Fresh Choice.

On a side note....I needed a new point an shoot camera for my everyday photography (my old one decide to quit on me.) Can you believe the quality from this little $99 Walmart camera?! I am still blown away....


After we ate at fresh choice for dinner, we went down the road to CHUCKIE CHEESE! I did not expect to have that much fun on a Saturday night! Just seeing my sisters running around, exploring this paradise of rides and excitement, Daniel and I were caught up in fun. We found ourselves cashing in dollars for tokens to play one last game of air hockey (which was so small we have to play on our knees!) I won all 3 games....
I even got to ride a giant horse ride with my sisters. They thought it was the best thing in the world.


The following day, we all went to a park in Santa Clara with my Grandparents and Aunt. It was wonderful having everyone together. We talked and spend the afternoon swinging the girls on the swings. Hannah is graduating from the kiddie swings to the big girl swings. I am so proud of her! We also played in the sand and chit chatted about summer plans. My Mom is planning a DISNEYLAND trip for her, Jon and the girls!! If you don't know, I am a maniac about Disneyland, and made my Mom promise me I'd be there for their first time there...unfortunately I won't be able to go because I'm moving. So they better invest in a good web cam, because I will be apart of this adventure through, web chat, and many many annoying phone calls :) I am so excited foe this fun trip for them.

Heading to sleep, only 8 more days of work left...it's getting exciting!
Elise Diane

1 comment: