Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mob

Happy Mother's Day Mob!



No It's not a typo, that's actually what I call my Mom....Mob. It started a few years ago when I had to retaliate for the nick name she's given me my entire life...BOB. It's a long story that I WONT be explaining on my blog. sorry. The names are now a common greeting for us, Hi Mob, Hey Bob!

My Mom is my closest friend. She's more than a wonderful, great, loving Mom, she's like a best friend. We tell each other everything, talking at least once a day. Over the years I have lived mostly long distance from my Mom rather than in the same house, but we have maintained a very close bond by our daily phone convos and updates on life. It will be nothing new for us when I move to Hawaii with Liz. Soon our daily talks will be while I walk down Waikiki beach, and shes drawing in chalk and blowing bubbles on the driveway with the girls. I know we will be just as close are we are now, even though an ocean will separate us. From early morning calls grabbing my non-fat caramel machiatto talking in the Starbucks line and speeding to work, to my late night meltdowns after a recent twenty one year old "crisis." Shes always there, with a listening ear and a patient heart.

Mother's day means card making time. This card was especially made for my mom! I also made one for Daniel's mom Julie (and tried to convince everyone Daniel had made it!) We got them both Tommy Bahama sandals... in hopes that will give them both excuses to plan a Hawaii visit :)

For nineteen years of my life I grew up as an only child, and nearly three years ago, our family was blessed with a sweet beautiful little girl, my sister Hannah. Shortly following her addition to our family, came my second sister Bella. I am so greatful to share with them such a fun, determined, selfless, energetic mother.

Thank you Mob for everything you have done to contribute to me becoming the person I am today. You inspire me to be a better person, and a great mother someday. I love you.

Bob.

2 comments:

  1. Elise, I have a feeling your Mom will cry after reading this entry. You express yourself so beautifully! I am very impressed! You should consider writing a book! Have a fantastic time in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Sue you're right..
    Bob, thanks for a beautiful post.
    I am so very proud of the beautiful young woman you have become. I couldn't ask for a better friend, I tell you everything, always have. I think thats why we're so close.
    I love you too,
    Mob

    ReplyDelete