Saturday, September 11, 2010

"WE SURVIVED"

Hellooooo darlings!!

Me & Nessy here, updating you this time from Lynmouth, England! You will understand the meaning of the title of this post when you watch the video on my facebook. It was about a three hour drive here, with about....60 roundabouts....ahhhh
Lynmouth is so beautiful. Our B&B....hmm.. lets just say...small. As in, our room in about 10 feet by 10 feet (midget feet) lucky I like my Aunt Nessy or one of us might end up dead by the end of this trip. We have gotten to know a lot about each other, like that I am a cover hog. That's ok because Nessy lived up to her nick name (Winey.) She was so happy that she got us here safely that she celebrated a a little to much with two LARGE glasses of wine...followed by 4 Advil that night. She is slowly recovering with much coffee :)

I come to the conclusion that I packed a little too much. My first hint was at the airport when my luggage was 14 pounds over the limit....it all got figured out and me, Nessy and my wardrobe made it safely. My second hint was yesterday when our English couple that run our B&B helped us with our luggage. We insisted we could do it ourselves...but Denise had other plans and made her husband drag up Nessy's bag, followed by my 64 pound hot pink bag.... Then I overheard Denise ask her husband if our bags were heavy, he responded with this "The first bag was light....this one (mine) is RIDICULOUS!!!" ....oops... and when he made it up the stairs, sweating probably, I kindly said thank you...and got no response.. We had a nice English breakfast this morning, cooked by Denise and her husband, we will find out soon if he poisoned me.

Today we are doing a little shopping and will find a place for lunch. Tomorrow we are headed to Clovelly, a little town my grandparents went to when they were in their twenties.

Thank god we made it safe. Keep you posted on our next adventure to Bath.
Cheers!

Elise & Nessy

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarous! Well, I guess if you are reading this now that means you survived the breakfast and were not poisened :) 64 lbs?? what the heck did you bring? that poor man could have put his back out. I went to Clovelly with Boppa when I was 13 yrs old. Its a really cute town. Glad Vanessa has conquered her fears of round abouts. I hate roundabouts here in the US when I'm driving on the right side of the road I can't even imagine how scary that would be to have to manuever them on the left. Glad you made it!

    ReplyDelete