Friday, September 17, 2010

LONDON BITS & BOBS

Alright Mates!

This is a mini update coming to you from London, England! I'll do a more current one soon hopefully when I have more time.
This morning I realized there was a USA outlet in our hotel room, which means I can charge my laptop, yeah!! .....that's the good news....bad news is, I lost my cable for my digital camera somewhere along the way, (think I left it in Lynmouth) so I have no way to upload pics and videos :( oh well
London is madness... kind of reminds me of San Francisco, but everyone has accents and drives completely insane. I do love it, but I have to admit I miss the countryside. The shopping is absolutely awesome, but it does make me realize that I don't think I could ever live around all of the "hustle and bustle" of a big city. I do notice that everyone dresses up more here than at home! A lot of men are wearing suits, and women wearing interesting styles that I will probably try to copy and bring back to the States... ;)

Today we went to Blenheim Palace, we walked through the room where Winston Churchill was born. along with seeing the palace where he grew up. Amazing! It was huge, we took tons of pics and pretended that we lived there. We then went to the Cotswolds, where we shopped around in the cute little towns there and had lunch & wine spritzers...duh.

We ate at a nice little restaurant, conveniently located in our hotel :) Tomorrow we are headed to HARRODS! I can not wait.
It's so weird to think I only have a couple short days left in England! We have been here over two weeks now, and I can't imagine going home...I am basically a local now...and going to miss it SO much.

Going to go check out London! Here are some pics that I put on my laptop earlier in the trip before it died....not the latest, but thought you might like them. Hopefully tomorrow I will get something so I can upload pics. We have some good videos haha.

"shouldnt there be a steering wheel here?!"


(Christchurch)

(inside St. Andrew's Church, where Grandma & Boppa were married)

(me holding my BIRTH announcement that Auntie Vera still had at her house. Baby Elise was eight pounds 9 ounes, and 21 and a half inches long on Nov, 25th 1988! lol)

"X" (it means kiss!)
Elise Diane

1 comment:

  1. Yay, another post!I was cracking up at your title "Bits and Bobs". Since your the Bob is Vanessa the Bits? ha ha Glad your having fun in London. I heard the Pope is there so maybe its extra crazy there. Boppa took the picture that is on the front of your birth announcement in their living room. It seems like you've been gone forever!

    ReplyDelete