Friday, September 24, 2010

home sweet home....for a few days

Well folks...here I am, back in sunny Santa Clara, California.

...time to unpack the boots, scarves and coats...and fill my suitcase with my shades, swimsuits and flip flops!


It feels nice to be home after my 16 day trip, but I am definitely missing England a lot! My eyes are not used to this lack of GREEN. Adjusting back to the time difference is difficult as well... I am up most nights and tired during the days. But finally, (5 days later) I think I have adjusted! I shouldn't speak too soon though, because on Monday I am off to Hawaii to visit my cousin David...and that is a three hour time difference! Not too big of an adjustment though.

It sounds weird to say, but I am kind of excited to start working again. It's been a few months of freedom and adventure...but getting a job will be nice to save up a little to achieve my goals of moving :) Before that can happen I am SO excited for my final adventure of 2010...Hawaii trip #2!

It has been so nice to catch up with all of my friends! Carli and I are back in the swing of things, with wine nights, stories from the past two weeks & chocolate fondue! Tonight we are headed to a San Jose Sharks pre-season game. yey. I even got a chance to take some night pictures of the golden gate bridge last night with an old friend...well, not old litteraly...old like I havent seen him in a long time hahah.


Hawaii here I come :) 5 hour plane flight is nothin! ..compared to my 10 hour one to England!
thanks to everyone who followed my journey to England through my blog posts! I have loved reading all of your comments and messages. love you guys.

xoxo,
Elise Diane

....never forget that with true dedication, motivation, perseverance, & love...you hold the key to every closed door.

3 comments:

  1. You are just a little jet setter arn't you? I feel tired just reading about everywhere you've been! Have fun in Hawaii, love u.
    Mub (yes thats intentional)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha MUB. i like how our nick names keep evolving...you're the best mom, mob, mum, mub, in the world. love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elise:
    Thank you so much for my flowers and Starbucks card...you are the sweetest niece around and I miss you very much. I enjoyed so much hanging out with you for 16 days....you kept me laughing most of the time :-)Give a big squeeze to my Dave and most of all have fun!

    ReplyDelete