Saturday, September 18, 2010

THE MORNING SHOW

Ello!

I totally feel like I'm wayyy over blogging, but I finally got a cord so I can upload pics and videos so bare with me...

Updating you today from London, England, we welcome you to the morning show with Elise & Nessy.


Today we had quite the experience going on the "tube" for the first time. It's like an underground subway. We asked about 57 people how to get there and what tube lines to take...but with my sense or direction and Nessy preparing us with Starbucks this morning, we were really to begin our journey! Before getting on the tube, we walked to Buckingham palace from our hotel to see the Changing of the guards (only about a 5 minute walk, the Queen is practically our neighbor!) It kind of reminded me of a Disneyland parade, but way more meaningful. We learned that the guards change shifts every 2 days (48 hours) and they each work 2 hour shifts, then get 4 hours breaks, then back on for 2 hours and so forth and so on. After that excitement, we had more coffee at a local pub kind of place and watched the Pope on the TV there. He was at Westminster Abbey today, which is not too far from where we are staying!
Then we went to the tubes.....everyone there is ON A MISSION, speed walking as fast as they can. Thank God Nessy & I were wearing our matching shirts of we might have gotten lost ;) ...total losers....we know. We went on two different tube lines, got off at our stop....and then I saw it...HARRODS. Pretty much heaven on Earth for people who like to shop. Maybe if I win the lottery I can actually go shopping there one day. For now I just got a cool little Harrods bag :) I must say the absolute HIGHLIGHT of the day was where we ate lunch.... let me just say, the name of the place started with "Chocolate" and ended with "Bar".....yep, a chocolate bar! Are you kidding me?! This place was amazing-ly-yummy.

Tomorrow is our last day in England....hard to believe. I don't even want to talk about it haha.

Here are some pictures from the past week!


(Hike from our B&B to Watersmeet)


(New job! ...as a guard at Buckingham palace)

(Twin day! Watching the Changing of the Guards)


(Chris & I at the train station)

Ok mates, we are off to go see Dirty Dancing!! Sooo excited.

x,

Elise Diane

1 comment:

  1. I loved the morning show! You are a natural :)
    Mmmm chocolate bar. I could definatly go for that place. I remember I saw Buckinham Palace too. Did the soldiers crack a smile? I guess they are not supposed to. Love your matching shirts. Don't be sad to come home because you have more adventures that await you! Have a safe journey. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!
    Love,
    Mob

    ReplyDelete