Sunday, September 19, 2010

CHEERIO ENGLAND.....

:(

The departure day is almost here...we leave on a 11:30am flight tomorrow morning, headed back to the US of A. We arrive back in California at about 1:30 in the afternoon....which is about 9:30pm in England!! It will be a long day of traveling.

This trip has been a once in a lifetime adventure...well, not ONCE in a lifetime, I hope to go back to England of course!! The last 16 days were ones that I will never forget. There is something about going back to the country where my grandparents were born, grew up and met, that is truly indescribable. Also meeting family, and people, who I never knew, now I can put a face to the names of people who are part of my extended family, just placed on another side of the world. Me & Nessy had such a wonderful adventure, traveling all over the south of England. We saw a variety of scenery, from ponies and sheep to the underground tube and chaos of the big city.

What I have learned as I am about to head home is that, (England is "bloody" expensive!) & you never know where life is going to take you....always be open to new opportunities...and never lose your sense of adventure!!! Another thing that has become pretty apparent to me, is that I love the country more than the city. Hard to believe since I am such a girly girl with a shopping addiction. I have to say, the best parts of my trip was seeing for myself the beauty of the English countryside, the little shops with candle makers and antique stores with wonderful friendly owners...lovely rolling green hills, with sheep scattering them...houses with thatched roofs...afternoon tea, charming little pubs, white wine spritzers.......& most of all, quality time with my Auntie, family and friends.....and wishing I brought my good Nikon camera to capture it all in detail! grrr...my point and shoot will have to do the trick :)

I can't even begin to describe the close relationships I made here in England. I miss everyone already!!! Hopefully my pictures & videos will give a better glimpse into the past 16 days.

Bye England, and thank you for opening my eyes to new experiences, new adventures, new memories, a better sense of what the hell I want to do with my life! ...and even conquering some fears... (driving on the wrong side of the road, AHH!!!... & figuring out the "tube" system!) I think I got the accent down...and some awesome new words to use :)

Here comes a 9 hour flight! See everyone at home soon. x.

cheerio!
Elise Diane

1 comment:

  1. Sad for you that the trip has come to an end, but happy that I will get to talk to you tomorrow. Praying for a safe flight for you and Nessie. Call me when you can. Love You!
    Mob

    ReplyDelete