Monday, August 16, 2010

the best year ever!

Aloha friends :)


I am updating because I just got home from Hawaii a few days ago! My second trip of the year so far, and it was completely amazing. I finally got a chance to see my best friend Liz who I hadn't seen since June. The last time we saw each other, she was dropping me off at the airport to go on my cruise. The five hour flight had me on the edge of my seat just waiting to re-connect with my best friend in the whole world. We had a blast the 6 short days I was there...and made the most of it! I knew instantly we would get back to our joking, laughing, and dumping out ALL of our clothes for the other to see.


My Dad was with me on this little trip to the island. He stayed in downtown Waikiki (at a really nice hotel I might add) while I stayed with Liz in her beautiful apartment. Most days Liz would go to work and I would cab it down to meet my Dad and do a little shopping/drinking ;) Then when Liz would get off work, I'd meet back up with her. One of the days when she had the day off, we went to the north shore to Sunset beach. The four of us went snorkeling in crystal clear water. Then lounged on the beach until we decided to move to our next stop, SHAVE ICE at Motsumotos. Yum. What a perfect day.



Another day I went with Liz on a drive. It was a little rainy that day so we decided to look for the "Black Pearl" ship that was used in filming of the newest pirates of the Caribbean movie! We ended up finding it with a little help from our IPhones. Even though there was no Johnny Depp in sight. It was still awesome to this this cool pirate ship docked so close.



I also got to visit with my cousin David! He came out to dinner with us on the first night, but that was the only night we got to hang out. I will be seeing a lot more of him on my next trip out there...
I had a wonderful time. I loved seeing my best friend who I miss dearly. I fell in love with Hawaii
all over again, and finally got to see other parts of the Island that weren't so touristy. Of course regret my decision not to move there when I had the opportunity. but things can change though right? .................;)


Soon I will be off the ENGLAND!! A little less than 3 weeks and Aunt Nessy and I will be on our way. My very third trip of the summer, but very first time to Europe! Finally I get to see where my family originated. I am in LOVE with 2010, and feel like I am growing and learning so much about myself every day. I can honestly say that I have discovered more about myself this summer than I have in my entire life. It has been a roller coaster of fun, adventures, lessons, and even hard decisions...but overall I am so happy to be exactly where I am. Not knowing what the future holds.

My cards are still in production...just trying to find time for it all! More updates soon.

Loves!
Elise Diane

1 comment:

  1. You are quite the traveler! What a fun time and now England..Wow!

    ReplyDelete